How to Create a Recruitment Form in WordPress With the Wpforms Plugin
Using this article in minutes, you can set up an online recruitment form on your WordPress site that will allow you to find more qualified individuals for your ideal position
How to Create a Recruitment Form in WordPress
Step 1: Create a recruitment form in WordPress
The primary thing to do if you don’t want to create an online recruitment form is to install and activate the WPForms plugin. WPForms is the best form developer for WordPress.
Then, you really want to install and activate the Form Templates Pack plugin. With this plugin, you have access to a pre-constructed recruitment form template as well as tons of custom templates to create custom forms for your site.
This saves you time because you don’t have to start from scratch and manually add fields to a basic contact form.
Creating a recruitment form in WordPress
- From the WPForms plugin page, search for Form Templates Pack
- Click Install Addon and Activate
- Then go to WPForms under Add New to create another form.
- On the launch page, name your form and look down to the templates section, and enter the Additional Templates section.
- Type “Work” in the search bar, and now the recruitment form template will appear
- Click on the template, and now WPForms will create a recruitment form for you. You are now one bit nearer to creating a WordPress recruitment form
Step 2: Customize Your Recruitment Form
You can create a solicitation form that is exactly what you want. WPForms makes it easy to customize forms.
More from us:How to Hide a Post From the WordPress Homepage
In addition to the standard form fields of name, email, phone number, and address, you will also see the following work form fields:
- different decision
- Single line text
- file upload
- Paragraph text
The recruitment form includes basic questions like contact information. However, you can ask for more information if required. You can add additional form fields to your request for employment form by dragging them from the passed-on panel to the right panel.
Here are a few ideas of additional form fields you should add using drag and drop:
- Work Position: Add a numerous decision, checkbox, or single-line text field for individuals to pick which position they’re applying for.
- Start Date: Add a one-line text field and allow individuals to enter when they can start working. If you want, you can create an input mask so individuals can easily enter the date.
- Referrer: Add a different decision, checkbox, or one-line text field and ask individuals if they were alluded by another worker, family, or companion, and so forth.
You can also ask things like business history, wanted salary, name of past bosses, reasons for leaving past work, educational background, humanitarian effort, leisure activities and interests, licenses and certifications, availability, and so on.
Customize File Upload
Finally, it’s important to customize the file upload field to ensure individuals know where to upload their resumes.
To do this, click on the Upload file field and do the following:
- Change the label so individuals know what to upload
- If required, add a description along with instructions
- Specify the sorts of file extensions you allow individuals to upload
- If you want the size to be smaller than the default 128MB, enter the maximum file size
- If you want to allow more files per field, change the default maximum number of files from 1
- If all applicants should upload a file, click the Required box
- In the “Advanced Options” section, click the “Save file” checkbox in the WordPress media library for easy access to the files your applicants upload to their recruitment form
- At the point when you’re done customizing your form, click Save
Step 3: Enable Conditional Logic
Having a long recruitment form is not ideal. To keep users from getting drained while filling out forms, you should use Conditional Logic in your WordPress form.
Here, for example, we ask individuals who finish up a request for employment form if they were alluded by a worker who works for your company. If they select indeed, a crate will appear asking for the representative’s name.
So to set this question, drag the Multiple Choice option from the passed-on part of the form editor to the right panel. Then click on the field to make changes.
Here you can change the label and add the decisions you want individuals to browse
And in the Advanced Options section, change Choice Layout to two columns. Then, in the Add Fields section, drag a single-line text form field straightforwardly beneath the featured question on your form. Once done, click on the field to make the changes.
Start by changing the field label. In the example we gave, we ask the question, ” Who introduced you?
Activation of Conditional Logic
To enable Conditional Logic, go to the section titled Conditionals. Then click on the checkbox titled Enable conditional rationale
After clicking on the checkbox, customize the conditions. If the person was alluded to you by a worker who works at your company, select Show this field.
Now, while someone filling out your WordPress employment form chooses yes while answering the question “Have you been alluded by a worker who works at this company?“, a single line text field will appear. so they can enter the names of the people who addressed them.
Step 4: Configure your form settings
To get everything rolling, go to General Settings
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name: If you wish, change the name of your form here.
- Form description: Give a description of your form.
- Button Text: Customize the text on the submit button.
- Forestall Spam: Stop a contact from spam with the anti-spam feature, hcaptcha, or Google reCAPTCHA. The anti-spam checkbox is automatically minded all new forms.
- AJAX Forms: Enable AJAX settings without reloading the page.
- GDPR enhancements: To conform to GDPR prerequisites, you can disable the storage of input data and user details, for example, IP addresses.
- At the point when you’re done, click Save.
Don’t fail to remember that you can enable the Form Locker plugin and add an expiration date to your form. With this, you can close the form on a specific date and time.
Step 5: Customize your recruitment form notifications
Email notifications are a great way to send an email at whatever point a program is posted on your WordPress website.
In fact, if you don’t disable this feature, you’ll get a notification at whatever point someone submits a request for employment form on your site.
If you use smart tags, you can communicate something specific when a user applies online for one of your employment opportunities, letting them know that you’ve accepted their application and will be in touch soon. took This assures individuals that their solicitation has been handled accurately
Step 6: Configure your form validations
Form confirmations are messages shown to site visitors after submitting an online request for employment on your website. They let individuals in on that their solicitation has been made and offer you the chance to tell them what the following Steps are.
WPForms has 3 sorts of verification to look over:
Message: This is the default WPForms verification type. At the point when a site visitor submits a request for employment form, a straightforward confirmation message appears, letting them know their application has been handled.
Pageview: This sort of verification takes site visitors to a specific page on your site and thanks them for their solicitation.
Go to URL (Redirect): This option is for when you want to send site visitors to another website.
We should perceive how to set up a straightforward form validation in WPForms so you can customize the message your site visitors see when they apply for the position they want.
To begin, click the Verification tab in the form editor under Settings.
Then, select the kind of confirmation you want to create. For this example, we will choose the message
Then customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save.
Step 7: Add the recruitment form you created to your website
WPForms allows you to add your own forms to many areas of your website, including blog entries, pages, and even sidebar gadgets.
To get everything rolling, create another page or post in the WordPress backend or update the settings.
After that, click inside the principal block (the vacant area beneath your page title) and click the Add WPForms icon
The WPForms gadget will appear inside your block. Click the WPForms drop-down menu and select one of the forms you’ve already created that you want to insert into your page. Then, publish your post or page, so the recruitment form appears on your WordPress website.
If you want, you can also create a recruitment form by publishing a shortcode. You will find the shortcode in the WPForms section of your WordPress dashboard.