How to Disable Right-Click on Images in WordPress
Would you like to keep users from stealing your website images? You can do this in WordPress by using plugins that disable right-click and make it difficult to download images from your website. While there is no ideal solution to forestall website image robbery, there are steps you can take to make it a little harder for users to save images from your website. One such solution is not to add any right-click popups to your images.
This article will let you know how to disable right-clicking on WordPress site images. We’ll also talk about alternative ways to discourage users from stealing images from your website. Stay with us later on.
Add Disable Right-Click Images plugin
- To begin with, you want to install and activate the No Right Click Images plugin.
- After activation, go to the Settings page and No Right Click Images to configure the plugin settings
- The default options work for most users, yet you can in any case survey and change them if required.
- The main option allows signed-in WordPress users to right-click on images. The “Disable Dragging of images” option keeps users from dragging images from their program to the PC.
- “Disable Touch occasions” options keep users from using touch devices, for example, cell phones to download images.
- After checking the settings, don’t neglect to click the “Save changes” button to save your changes.
You can now exit WordPress and then view your website to see the plugin in action
Add Disable Right-Click Images on Image Galleries
The above solution works for all images on your website. However, many users who want to safeguard their images are photographers and individuals who share their work through galleries.
- This is where the Envira gallery comes in. Envira is one of the best WordPress gallery plugins on the market and accompanies a protection plugin that disables right-clicking for your image gallery.
- The primary thing you really want to do is to install and activate the Envira Gallery plugin. After activation, you want to go to the Envira Gallery settings page to enter your permit key. You can find this information in your account on the Envira Gallery website
- Then, you want to play from the Envira Gallery and Addons page. Go to the Protection plugin section and then click on the Install and Activate button.
- Now you can start creating an image gallery using the Envira Gallery plugin. How about we create your most memorable image gallery. Enable No-right-click on the images in that image gallery.
- First, you want to visit Envira Gallery and Add New page to create another gallery. Pick a title for your image gallery and then upload the files you want to add to the gallery
- After that, you really want to go to the gallery settings section beneath and click on the miscellaneous tab. From here, go to Image Protection SettingsTo disable right-clicking for this particular photo gallery, you should check the “Enable Image Protection” box. Optionally, you can show a popup notification when users right-click.
- You can now click the publish button to save your image gallery.
Add a Gallery to a WordPress Post or Page
Your image gallery is ready, and you can now add it to any WordPress post or page. Essentially edit the post or page where you want to add the gallery and add the Envira Gallery block to the editor
After that, you really want to choose the image gallery you created earlier from the dropdown menu. Envira Gallery loads your image gallery with a live see
You can now save your post and visit your website to see the no right-click feature in action. If you have enabled the popup feature, a container like the one underneath will be displayed when the user attempts to right-click on an image in the gallery.
Pros and Cons of Disabling Right-Click on WordPress Images
- One of the reasons to disable WordPress image right-clicking is to keep visitors from illegally using these images elsewhere.
- Adding no right-click on images makes it more difficult for users to download images. It also reminds users that the website proprietor does not want individuals to download or reuse images without their permission.
- However, it does not totally keep users from stealing images. A user can download a whole website page that includes all the images on that page.
- They can also use the program’s view source or the inspect tool without right-clicking. It gives access to an immediate image file that they can download and save to their PC.
- On the other hand, not adding right-click may be annoying for certain users and will affect your website’s user experience.
If you don’t want to negatively impact the user experience of your website by adding right-click on WordPress images, there are a couple of things you can do.
Add a copyright notice underneath your images
You can add a copyright notice beneath your images as plain text. This works as an obstacle
Allow users the opportunity to demand permission
If you want users to have the option to use your images with your permission and conditions, you can just tell them. We prescribe using WPForms to create a straightforward contact structure for users to submit demands.
Add a watermark to your images
You can also add watermarks to your images. This affects the quality and style of your images. However, it definitely discourages users from stealing and reusing those images
We trust this article has assisted you with figuring out how to disable right-click on WordPress images. find true success and victory.