Important Things to Add to Your Footer on Your WordPress Website
Wondering what to add to your WordPress website footer? Footer is the bottom area of your website. This part is often disregarded by webmasters yet can be used in significant ways to further develop the user experience on your website. In this agenda, we will share the important things you ought to add to your footer on your WordPress website.
What Is a Footer in a WordPress Website?
The footer is generally the area that appears beneath the content section of your WordPress website. This is a common website design feature used by millions of websites.
Footer may also allude to the footer code area. At the point when you manage your website, outsider administrations like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and others may ask you to add code to the footer of your WordPress website. This code beneath the page isn’t noticeable on the page, yet it is used to add code bits expected for the website’s functionality and its features..
Many novices often find it difficult to pick what to add to their WordPress website. This botched open door could assist with working on your website. With that said, we should take a gander at a portion of the things we can add to our WordPress website footer and how to make the greater part of it.
1. Adding links to the footer of the website
All popular WordPress themes have a footer gadget. We will use this to add various gadgets and components to your website page.
The main thing you will see is that most websites add links to important pages on their website in the footer section. This usually incorporates links to their information, contacts, team individuals, press, and other pages.
How to create a rundown of links in the footer
To add a bunch of links, or in old blogroll terms, you should initially go to the Appearance » Menus page and click on the “Create New Menu” link.
Select the name of the rundown of links in the footer
After that, enter a name for your menu and then click on the “Create Menu” button.
Select things to place in the rundown
After that, select the things you want to add to the left section and click the “Add to Menu.”
Add Navigation Menu gadget
When gotten done, click the Save Menu button to save your changes. Now that you’ve created the menu, we should display it at the bottom of our site page. Essentially go to the Appearance » Widgets page and add the Navigation Menu gadget to your footer sidebar.
View the footer
Afterward, select the footer menu you created earlier from the drop-down rundown and click on the save button. Now you can visit your WordPress website, and you will see the links displayed in the footer gadget area of your website.
2. Adding the code in the footer of the WordPress website
As you manage your WordPress website, you may now and again have to add code scraps to the footer section of your WordPress website. One of the ways to add them is to straightforwardly alter the theme files and paste the code in the footer.php format. However, this is a bad approach because your code will disappear when you change the theme or update.
The best way to add code to the footer of a WordPress website is to use a module. In the first place, you want to install and activate the Insert Headers and Footers module. After activation, you ought to go to the settings page “Addition Headers and Footers“. You can paste your code piece from here into the “Contents in Footer” box. Don’t neglect to click the save button to save the changes.
3. Adding a link to the privacy strategy in the footer of the website
To conform to GDPR and privacy laws in different nations, website proprietors should add a privacy strategy page to their website and link it to other pages. WordPress makes it extremely easy to create a privacy strategy page, and then you can add a link to it in the footer of your WordPress website.
To start with, you want to go to the “Settings” of the privacy page. You will see that WordPress has created a draft privacy strategy page for you.
You can click on the “Use this page” button to use the default privacy strategy template or create another page. Then, you want to alter that page as you would alter any other page in WordPress. You can add more information about your privacy strategy and distribute that page according to your requirements.
Once you’re done, you can add the privacy strategy page to your rundown of footer links (see above).
4. Adding the copyright date in the footer
You may also want to add the copyright date in your WordPress footer. Now one way to do this is to just add the text in your theme settings. Many top WordPress themes allow you to add text to your website’s footer section easily. You can track down this option by going to the Appearance » Customize page and searching for Settings under the page in the left panel.
You can create a copyrighted image by adding your own text to this template. Don’t neglect to distribute your theme changes. However, you should change the copyright notice each year to update the date. For a more elegant solution, see our article on how to add a dynamic copyright date in a WordPress footer.
5. Eliminate Powered by Links from the footer
Some free WordPress themes add a link to your WordPress website or websites at the bottom of your page. You don’t have to keep these links on your website. Because they are outbound links, having them on each page of your website will affect your website’s SEO ranking.
Many WordPress themes now make it exceptionally easy to eliminate these links. You can find this option on the Customize screen. It’s usually under the Footer Options panel.
However, a few themes can scramble the links in the theme files, and there is no option to eliminate them manually. In this case, you can alter the footer.php file in your theme to eliminate these links.
6. How to add Instagram content in the footer
If you have a fashion blog or want to promote your Instagram content, your website footer can be a decent place to display your new Instagram photos. To start with, you really want to install and activate the Smash Balloon Instagram Feed module. After that, you really want to go to the settings page > Instagram Feed and click on the “Connect an Instagram account” button.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions to connect your Instagram account to your WordPress website. Once you’re done, you can go to the Appearance » Widgets page and add the Instagram Feed gadget to your footer sidebar.
- After that, you can visit your website to see your Instagram feed in the footer.
- Smash Ballon also has modules that easily implant Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter channels anywhere on your website.
7. Add floating bar in WordPress footer
Want to display special offers or notifications in the footer? A floating footer bar allows you to keep the banner on the page while users navigate your website. For this, you want OptinMonster. This is the best conversion optimization module on the market and allows you to convert lost website visitors into customers.
- This module also has strong display rules, which means you can show users personalized custom messages at the bottom of your website page. In the first place, you really want to pursue an
- OptinMonster account. After that, install and activate the OptinMonster module on your WordPress website. After activation, you really want to go to the OptinMonster settings page and click on the button “Link existing account.”
- After connecting, you really want to go to the OptinMonster » Campaigns page and click on the “Add New” or “Create Your First Campaign” button.
- On the following page, you want to choose “Floating Bar” as the campaign type and then select a template.
- This will take you to the OptinMonster Drag and Drop campaign manufacturer. From here, you can design your footer bar. Basically, click on any component to alter or drag and drop new blocks from the left segment.
- Once you’re done altering your campaign, basically go to the Publish tab and activate it.
- After that, click the nearby button to leave the campaign manufacturer and return to your WordPress website. From here, you really want to set the result status of the campaign to “Distributed.
- Now you can visit your website and see your floating footer activity live.
OptinMonster can also be used to create a drop-down page popup, add commencement clocks, and targeted footer notifications to recuperate abandoned cart sales.
8. Add social media buttons in the footer of the WordPress website
Another effective method for using the footer space in your WordPress theme is adding social media icons. Don’t stress; install and activate the Social Icons Widget module. Once activated, go to the Appearance » Widgets page and add the Social Icons gadget to your footer gadgets section.
This module offers a variety of options for picking tones, icon styles, button types, and more. You can simply add social organization icons and replace URLs with your social media IDs.
9. Add a phone number to the footer of your WordPress website
If you offer customer backing and sales via phone, adding a phone number to your WordPress footer assists users with easily contacting you. For this you really want a business phone number.
It is smarter to make fewer calls and use advanced features, for example, call forwarding, using the same number on numerous devices and phones, and managing calls from any device with an Internet connection. Once you have your phone number, there are several ways to add it to your website. The easiest is installing and activating the WP Call Button module. After activation, go to Settings » WP Call Button page to configure module settings.
10. Add the “contact us” structure to the footer of the WordPress website
Your WordPress website ought not to be a dead end. Allow your customers an opportunity to continue the conversation by finishing up the contact structure. Just install and activate the WPForms module. This is the best WordPress contact structure module and allows you to easily add a contact structure anywhere on your website, including the footer.
After activation, go to WPForms » Add New Page to create your contact structure. Enter a name for your structure and select the Simple Contact Form template.
We hope this article helps you learn what to add to your WordPress website footer and make it more useful